Elections will be held in 2019 for the four employee representatives on the CSSB.
Three employee representatives are elected by the government employee group, and one is elected by the Manitoba Hydro employee group.
Terms for the current elected representatives end on December 31, 2019. Newly elected representatives will begin a three-year term on January 1, 2020.
- Employees will receive a Notice of Invitation to Propose Candidates through their employer by May 31. The 2019 nomination notices are also be available for download on this web page, below.
- The deadline for employees to propose candidates is June 30.
- Nominating Committees (for the government group and for Manitoba Hydro) will select candidates by July 29.
- By September 30, ballots will be distributed to eligible voters.
- October 31 is the deadline for completed ballots to be returned to the CSSB office.
Notices of Invitation to Propose Candidates:
If you have any questions, please contact us.
About the CSSB
Visit the CSSB website.
Subsection 5(1) of the Civil Service Superannuation Act requires that The Civil Service Superannuation Fund be administered by a board consisting of nine members of whom four shall be representatives of the employees. The appointment of the additional five members of the board representing employers is made by the Lieutenant Governor in Council. The Board meets 10 to 12 times per year.
The Board has the fiduciary responsibility for the administration of the Plan and management of the investment funds in the best interest of all Plan members and beneficiaries. It is also responsible to:
Ensure that staff fulfil the investment and administrative obligations set out in the Act and comply with the requirements of both the Pension Benefits Act of Manitoba and the Income Tax Act
Delegate the day-to-day management to the General Manager and staff
Provide overall direction and approval of policy items
View the CSSB Trustees’ Standards document.